Report a Concern

Concerned about a child or young person?

If someone or something is making a child feel scared, threatened or distressed, report it to the police by calling 101 or 999 in an emergency

Make a referral to social services

If you are concerned about the welfare of a child or young person, contact the relevant Health and Social Care Trust Children’s Services Gateway Single Point of Entry Team (Mon-Fri: 9.00am-5.00pm). See SBNI Child Protection Policies and Procedures for more info.

Contact details are as follows:

  • Belfast HSC Trust
    Tel: 028 9050 7000;
  • South Eastern HSC Trust
    Tel: 0300 1000 300;
  • Northern HSC Trust
    Tel: 0300 1234 333;
  • Southern HSC Trust
    Tel: 0800 7837 745 / Freephone: 028 3741 5285;
  • Western HSC Trust
    Tel: 028 7131 4090.
  • Outside normal working hours and in an emergency (Friday 5.00pm – Monday 9.00am,
    including Bank holidays): Regional Emergency Social Work Service on 028 95049999.

If a young person is in immediate danger then contact the police on 999.

If it isn’t an emergency situation you can contact NSPCC Helpline for parents and professionals on 0808 800 500, email [email protected] or visit their website.

Welcome to the Online Safety Hub

How old are you?

If you are under 18, click the blue button below to visit the Online Safety Hub micro-site for children and young people.